APTA's Finance and Audit Committee (FAC) is seeking one member to serve a four year term.
The FAC shall advise the Board of Directors on matters pertaining to the Association’s financial needs, growth, and stability based on periodic review of income, expenditure, and investments. The committee shall present an annual budget to the Board of Directors. The committee shall be the point of contact and meet at least annually with the Association’s independent auditors to discuss the annual audit. The committee shall advise the Board of Directors of any irregularities or material findings that arise from the independent audit or other sources.
In addition to the directives as indicated above in the APTA bylaws, the Board of Directors’ determined charge for the Finance and Audit Committee is to:
- review the annual budget to ensure that it is sound from a financial perspective and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors
- serve as the association’s audit committee and meet with the auditors annually to determine the scope of work and review the audit results
- review quarterly financial information and provide feedback to the Treasurer
- review the investment policy and make recommendations to modify the policy when necessary
- submit a report to the Board of Directors on an annual basis
QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTEES
Candidates should have:
- experience with non-profit finance (i.e. Component Treasurer)
- proven financial leadership in the members’ professional life
- ability to see the big picture but also understand the subtleties of nonprofit finance
- must be an APTA member in good standing
This committee meets in-person annually in the fall and on an as needed basis throughout the year virtually.
More information on this committee may be found on the APTA website.
Note: All APTA appointed groups will conduct their work with the Association organizational values in mind and in the context of 1) APTA’s mission, vision and strategic plan, and 2) the potential for their work to have implications related to physical therapist assistants, women, diversity, and risk management.