American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education
Application for Onsite Review Team
The American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education is seeking a cadre of individuals with diverse expertise to serve on the Onsite Review Team. If you are interested in submitting your name to the applicant pool for the Onsite Review Team, please complete the following information.
Applications are due to APTA staff by January 6, 2023. Appointments will occur by January 20, 2023.
ABPTRFE staff appoint individuals to serve on onsite teams. Onsite team members are evaluated annually regarding their performance. A $200 per day (e.g., 24 hours) per site visit honorarium is provided to Onsite Team Members.
Physical Therapist Members:
For physical therapist applicants only, the course Successful Mentorship for Residency and Fellowship Education from the APTA Learning Center is a pre-requisite to apply to this committee.
- Licensed physical therapists with expertise in physical therapy education and/or physical therapist residency or fellowship education.
- Graduate of an ABPTRFE-accredited residency or fellowship program and/or recognized expertise in an ABPTRFE approved area of practice/concentration.
- Must hold active APTA membership.
- Agree to complete training, agree to be available for at least three site visits per year, and agree to stay current in resident/fellowship application evaluation procedures.
- Demonstrate course completion of Successful Mentorship for Residency and Fellowship Education on the APTA Learning Center.
- Doctoral/Terminally degreed faculty or administrators who complete ABPTRFE onsite team training.
- Public members are not physical therapists
- Verifying programs meet their mission and demonstrate successful participant achievement.
- Confirming implementation of processes and procedures through discussions with administration, faculty, staff, program participants, and graduates.
- Documenting whether programs minimally meet ABPTRFE Quality Standards using the Accreditation Report Rubric.
New Onsite Team Members are provided access to the online Onsite Review Team training modules on the APTA Learning Center. This training must be completed by March 10, 2023.
All Onsite Team Members will receive additional training and updates annually via online refresher training.